The strength of the Foundation for Historic Christ Church rests in you, our supporters, who help fund our mission to preserve this special place, a National Historic Landmark that is one of America's great buildings. For nearly 300 years, Christ Church has been an icon of the Northern Neck and an inspiration to thousands of people around the world.
Your gift is an investment that will support preservation projects, hands-on history programs for children and adults, new exhibitions and community events, historical research, partnerships with local businesses, concerts and living history programs, campus maintenance and more.
We welcome friends old and new to support our efforts to preserve a building that Robert Carter's son John described in 1734 as having "none in this Country to be compared to it."
Why give to Historic Christ Church & Museum?
- You will be preserving for future generations one of America's great buildings, which stands virtually unchanged since 1735.
- As a 501c(3) non-profit, we rely on gifts and donations for our programs, services and events, not government funding. And donations are tax-deductible!
- With education at the core of our mission, your support will enhance programs and exhibits for people of all ages and expand our reach into the community.
- We are an established destination for tourists and locals alike, which brings spin-off dollars to our community businesses such as lodging, restaurants and shops.
- We promise you will have fun at our special events, meet new friends, and celebrate the quality of life in the Northern Neck. Raise a glass of craft beer, enjoy concerts in the church and attend festive parties.